No matter the age, ethnicity, or educational background, Salem Church of God has a place and a heart for you. Welcome Home! We are a small but growing church, full of love and ministry opportunities. Pastor Richard Gibson and Sis Annette began pastoring Salem COG in August of 2015. Our attendance in Sunday School and on Wednesday nights has doubled in the last year. We attribute the growth to first and foremost, God and secondly to our VBS outreach in 2016 and starting our boys and girls clubs on Wednesday nights in 2015. We are simple, down home people that love God and want to be a blessing and a beacon for Christ in Salem WV.
Declaration of faith
The Declaration of Faith is the Church of God's doctrinal standard.
- The Church of God believes in the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- It believes in one God existing as a Trinity.
- It believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary. It also believes in Christ's Death, burial, resurrection, and ascension.
- It believes that all have sinned and that repentance is both commanded by God and necessary for forgiveness.
- It believes that justification, regeneration, and the new birth is made possible by faith in Christ's blood.
- It believes that, after the new birth, sanctification is acquired through faith in Christ, through the Word of God, and by the Holy Spirit.
- It believes that holiness is God's standard of living for his people, the church.
- It believes in receiving the baptism with the Holy Spirit subsequent to "a clean heart".
- It believes that speaking in tongues is the initial evidence of baptism with the Holy Spirit.
- It believes in believer's baptism by immersion using the Trinitarian formula.
- It believes that divine healing is provided for all in Christ's atonement
- It believes in observing the Lord's Supper and footwashing.
- It believes in the premillennial Second Coming of Christ
- It believes in the resurrection of the righteous to eternal life and the wicked to eternal punishment